Reasons Why You Need to Save Reels
- You want to repost a video from Reels, but you want to do it in maximum quality.
- You want to use part of a video for your video.
- You want to save Reels for yourself so that you can review them whenever it is convenient for you and not depend on whether the author has deleted the video.
And that is why we’re recommending these three most popular ways to proceed:
Save to Instagram app
In this method, we'll show you how to save Reels right in the Instagram app itself. To do this, follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app and navigate to the video you want to save. You can also click on the search icon located in the bottom bar and find your favorite videos. Or you can also do the same by going to the user's profile and visiting the Reels section.
- Once you have found the desired Reel, click on the three vertical dots located at the bottom and click “Save”.
- Instagram Reels saved.
That's all. You have successfully saved Instagram video from Reels. To access it, go to your profile and click on the hamburger menu located in the upper right corner.
Then select “Settings” from the menu and then “Account” “Saved.” There you should find the saved video from the Reels.
Download Reels directly to your device
There are several web services that can help you download Instagram videos without the need to install an app or software, and without any watermarks or restrictions.
Here is the best online tool to download Reels:
- Open the Reels on Instagram that you want to download. Click on the icon with three dots and select the Copy Link option
- Download Instagram Reels Copy Link
- Visit an Instagram Downloader by Inflact. Select the Video tab on the site and paste the copied Reels link into the appropriate field.
- Tap Search to Download Instagram Reels
- Click the blue Download button and wait for the processing to complete. After that, you will be shown a video preview and a large download button. Click on it, and by clicking it you will download the Instagram Reels video to your device successfully.
Moreover, you can even save the whole Instagram profile — with all pics, videos, and even Stories right on your device. Just choose All profile content button. And all media, that stored on the profile you’ve chosen, will be downloaded automatically.
Save Instagram vid with screen recorder
You can also save these short clips using your device's screen recording feature. This can be useful for those devices that have this feature built-in. This allows you to opt-out of using a third-party Instagram video downloader app. To do this, follow these steps:
Save Reels on IOS
- It is recommended to add the screen recording function on your iOS device. To do this, go to Settings Control Center Customize Controls and add Screen Recording.
- Now launch Instagram and open the Reels video you want to download.
- Open Control Center and click on Start Recording.
- Now play the Reels video you want to save, and once that's done, click the Stop button to stop recording and save it to your iPhone.
Save Reels on Android
If you are using an Android device, you may not have a built-in screen recorder. So, go to the Play Store and download any. In this tutorial, we will be using the Mobizen screen recorder.
Download and install the app and then launch it. Customize it, collapse it and go to Instagram. Play the Reel with the desired videos and press the screen recorder icon button to start and then stop recording.
Once this is done, you will be able to access it through your device's gallery app.
So, that's all we have for now. Three simplest methods of how to download and save Instagram Reels videos directly to your device. We have shared three different methods — choose the one that suits your requirements. Let us know in the comments which method you ultimately chose. In conclusion, here are some Instagram updates that you should also try.