What may happen to you if you see that your account was hacked or if you see that somebody tried to hack your account is a panic attack. Your feelings are quite understandable, especially if for quite a long time you have been working hard to promote your page and getting followers.
But keep calm! Your nervous system is a much more valuable thing than your IG account (sorry, but you should admit it). To be on a safe side and not to faint seeing that something not very pleasant has happened to your acc, I recommend you to read this article to find out what to do if your Instagram account was hacked. Moreover, I have prepared a list of preventive measures that deserve your attention.
What to do if your Instagram account was hacked: Solution #1Before we proceed to the details of this approach, I want to warn you that it is a comparatively new feature introduced by Instagram only in June 2019. It means that it may be unavailable for some users still. Nevertheless, I advise you not to scroll down the page and to study this solution carefully.
If you open your acc and understand that someone has altered your password, the “My login info isn’t working” feature is for you.
As soon as you tap it, you will be offered an option to enter your telephone number or the email address that you submitted during your registration on IG.
What to do if your Instagram account was hacked: Solution #2It may happen so that you will get an email from IG that will tell you that somebody has changed your linked email address. If you haven’t done it, you will have an option to undo this action. But if this person also changes your password, you won’t have a possibility to do it. In such a case, your task will be to report this case to IG.
To do it, you’ll need to press the Forgot password? button that you will see on the screen when you will be trying to log in.
You will get an auto-reply soon.
The IG security team will ask you to provide some proofs that you are the real owner of the account.
For verification of your identity they may ask you:
- to take a pic showing you with a paper in hands. On the paper you will have to write (not type) a code that you will be provided with;
- to reveal what phone number or email address you used for signing up and what device was used;
- to make both these things at once.
How not to let hackers get access to your accountSo, now you know what to do if your Instagram account was hacked, but are there any preventive measure? Sure! Here they are!
- Choose a secure password
- Take care of your email
- Do not work with suspicious apps
- Use two-factor authentication
To turn it on, open IG acc settings, proceed to the Security section and choose the 2FA option.
- Don’t ignore some simple rules for every day
There are two key rules:
- Always (have you caught it? ALWAYS) log out each time you use a device that is accessed by somebody else. And never choose the Remember Me option in such a case.
- Don’t share your password with some suspicious people (okay, your boyfriend or mum are not suspicious, but you have the right not to share the password with them as well).
Inflact is here to help you!